Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bandung

BANDUNG

To me, Bandung is like Singapore – it is developed, it is clean and it has a lot of shopping areas like Singapore. Together with Putri and her parents, we went to nice cafes, nice restaurants and we really shopped till we dropped (well, we deserved to shop and shop and shop, because we saved our money for this trip and we ensure we don’t go over our limits with money…so mummy and daddy, if you are reading this, yes, your daughter is sensible and mature enough to watch her spending.. haha)

It is a pity that we did not take photos of some of these really nice places, but don’t worry, I kept the name cards, so for people who are going to Bandung, you should really visit some of these places.

Actually, Bandung is really like a 2nd Singapore. I am sure if I have stayed in Bandung, I will not have missed Singapore that much. You remembered I mentioned some time before that I really miss eating Kaya toast with my parents??? GUESS WHAT?! That is a YA KUN KAYA TOAST in Bandung! And of cos, we have our BREAD TALK!! Is so much like Singapore! Going to Paris van Java, is like going to Clarke Quay, and some of the shopping malls in Bandung looks like CK TANG. OMG, there is a SOGO here and I bought 3 POLO RALPH shirts for S$50.

Pak Aris told us that it is a must eat at THE VALLEY, so how could we miss it??!!! It is FANTASTIC place; well the food is average but the ambience is TERRIFIC and the price is reasonable. I really fall in love with the place and the cakes look so beautiful, yet, I didn’t have time to try the cakes then. I will definitely be going back again in future, so I could stay either in the resort or just go there for lunch/dinner.




Another tea and coffee place which all you MUST go is the DAKKEN Coffee & Steak. It is by far the best café I have gone to in my 3.5 mths here. The café is in a colonial style mansion. It may not appear to you from the outside, but the interior inside is beautiful!! For ladies who love to take afternoon tea, try to drop by at Jalan L.L.R.E. Martadinata No.67, Bandung 40114, Tel: 22-420 9507 (is at Jalan Riau). Believe me, you will love it!

No comments: